Admissions to Edward Pauling Primary School
Primary school admissions
When can my child start school?
Date of birth
Start or transfer
01/09/2015 - 31/08/2016
Start Reception September 2020
01/09/2016 - 31/08/2017
Start Reception September 2021
If your child is born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016 your child will start school in September 2020.
The closing date for Reception 2020 applications is 15th January 2020.
School admissions for Edward Pauling Primary School, from Reception to Year 6, are managed by the London Borough of Hounslow. Please see the link below for further information.
- 1 September 2019 – applications opens.
- From 2 October 2019 – drop-in session every Wednesday from 10am - 2pm at Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EB.
- 15 January 2020 – closing date for applications for Reception class and Year 3 entry to Junior schools.
- 16 April 2020 – National Offer Day.
- 30 April 2020 – last day to accept or not accept the school place offered.
If you have any queries regarding admissions please speak to Ms Gray in the School Office.
Tel: 020 8583 2721
All Hounslow Infant and Primary schools have Nursery classes. Children can take up a free, part-time place in these nurseries in the September after their third birthday, but cannot be admitted before the school year in which they reach the age of four.
Some working families may be eligible to take up a free, full-time nursery place if the criteria set by HMRC is met. For further details or to check your eligibility, please click on the link below:
At Edward Pauling Primary School, we offer our Nursery pupils 15 hours free child care in either a morning or afternoon session.
In addition to the 15 hour sessions we also offer a limited number of places for 30 hours free child care for eligible pupils.
If your child was born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 they can be admitted to a Nursery Class in September 2020.
Applying for Nursery
Nursery admissions are managed by individual schools.
We advise all parents to read our starting Nursery class in a Hounslow school before making an application, please see the booklet for Nursery 2020 admissions below. Paper copies are also available directly from Hounslow schools. Some schools require applicants to complete additional forms. Please contact each school to ensure you have completed all the required forms.
Please see below the Nursery application form for Edward Pauling Primary School. If you have any further questions please email Ms Gray at email@example.com
Please be aware, education in a school Nursery is not compulsory and it may not be possible for every child to secure a place in a school Nursery. If your child already has a place at a private day Nursery or playgroup, you may prefer to keep them there until they start Reception in the following September.
Key dates for Nursery admissions
- 1st January 2020 - Nursery applications open- Complete forms and return directly to the schools you wish to apply for.
- 1st May 2020 - Closing date for applications.
- 19th May 2020 - Offer day- You will receive a letter from the Headteacher of the schools you applied for.
- 2nd June 2020 - This is the deadline to return your acceptance slip for the Nursery place offered.
If you have any queries regarding Nursery admissions please speak to Ms Gray in the School Office.